I am officially in the final stretch. Since I reached day #20 a few days ago, I’ve been in the final countdown of the Whole30 program. Time has just flown by. Seriously! It’s been tough but I’m surviving. And knowing that it’s only 30 days long keeps me going. 30 days really isn’t long and if I can just get through one day at a time, I can start introducing the foods I love back into my diet. I think I’ll start with my Shakeo and cheese (not together, of course!) 🙂
So I’m not going to lie, this past week has been a huge struggle for me. It’s Memorial Day weekend and also happened to be game night for us. Game night at our place means friends and snacks. So needless to say it’s quite dangerous. Also, we always have holiday parties at work and as you probably have guessed, none of it is healthy. There were a lot of obstacles that got in my way this week but I stayed strong. Here’s how I did it:
- I’m in the last little stretch! There’s no way I’m letting a measely cupcake get in my way of finishing it. One bite will force me to start all over again! No thanks, I can wait.
- I prepared for it. I knew there would be junk food at work so I brought my own healthy and boring lunch of chicken. And I made myself believe that I wanted it more than I wanted the cupcakes. I kept telling myself how gross those cupcakes probably tasted 🙂
- I’m not proud of it but I did run away from the food at work. After eating my chicken, I stepped outside for the rest of my lunch hour. I just hate being judged for my healthy eating habits. Like it’s a bad thing to care about your health or something. I need to get better at just dealing with it though. There will always be people who judge.
- When my friends brought over these really yummy looking caramel chocolates, I told myself I CAN have them… in 9 days.. It helps not totally restricting myself from the foods I love. I know I can have them. But I chose to wait.
- I’m keeping with my regular schedule even though I do have an extra day off from work for Memorial Day. I’m still going to meal prep today like I do every Sunday. Sticking with a routine definitely keeps me on track.
- I’m making my journey PUBLIC! Yes, it’s scary but by posting blogs and videos about my journey I know people are watching. I want to show them that I can actually do this.
- Another part of #6.. people are watching and I want to PROVE THEM WRONG! So many times I feel like people are just waiting for me to slip up and have that cupcake (especially at work). Sorry, but it ain’t gonna happen!
I know my way of handling some tough situations isn’t always the right thing to do. Like running away from cupcakes! But it’s how I’m dealing with it for now and I plan to get better. In my mind, this past week has been a definite win for me. I overcame a lot of really difficult things and I’m proud of myself for it.
Another thing I wanted to mention..
So I was feeling really bloated again the previous week. I was thinking it was the grease from the chicken until I read about another girl who said she was sensitive to almonds. Just plain natural almonds. The snack I’ve been eating all that week. And just about every week. I did some experimenting and stopped eating them for a few days. The bloating and gurgling stomach issues went away. I was shocked. And this was an approved food for Whole30! It just goes to show that everyone’s different. Sometimes you have to experiment a little to figure out your solution. It gets so frustrating but if you just give it time and have an open mind YOU WILL FIGURE IT OUT!
Stay strong healthy people! You can do this 🙂