How many times have you started a fitness routine and fell short before reaching your goals? Something came up one day, you had too little energy after work the next day, and it all went downhill from there. Or maybe you were just bored with your routine and thought exercise just wasn’t your thing. I’m here to tell you that you can reach your goals this time. I’ve realized that in order to see success, you must do 5 key things. Here’s how YOU CAN reach your fitness goals this time around like a BOSS!
- Have a plan The very first thing you must do (after defining your fitness goals) is to have a fitness plan. What types of workout will you do? Will you work out at home or in the gym? Will you focus on cardio or weight training? If you have no clue where to begin and if the gym totally overwhelms you, I suggest starting a workout program right at home. All the fitness DVD programs I do require very little equipment and are under an hour long (most are only 30 minutes!). For more information about the various programs, drop a comment below and I’ll help you find a program you’ll absolutely LOVE which is key to success.
- Make a schedule In order to get in the routine of working out you must have a set schedule for yourself. If you’re going to the gym, have it marked on your calendar which areas you’ll work on for each day and long long you’ll dedicate to exercise each day. This is where my DVDs come in handy. They all come with a complete schedule so I know exactly which workout to do each day. I literally just have to press play and get started.
- Get your nutrition in line 80% of your physical results will come from the foods you put in your body! We often forget this step because we tend to think we can eat as much as we want when we burn a ton of calories in our workout. I know I thought this which is why my results stalled and I wasn’t reaching my goals! As with your exercise, have a set PLAN is a must when it comes to your nutrition. I start every day with a super nutritious shake. It’s super easy to throw together before work and I don’t have to think twice about getting my nutrients in for the day. Plus it powers me through my workouts. You can get this shake as part of a challenge pack if you decide to go with a fitness DVD. Each program also comes with a nutrition plan so you know exactly what to eat throughout the day to see maximum results.
- Find an accountability partner I started my fitness journey on my own without any type of accountability at all. My progress was very slow and drawn out. I didn’t know what I was really doing and had no motivation to keep going when I felt like giving up. Once I joined an accountability group with other ladies just like me going after their weight loss goals, everything changed for me. I was checking in daily with my food journal for the day which stopped me in my tracks from late night snacking. Now I’m hosting challenge groups on Facebook every month. We all start a new fitness program and drink Shakeology daily. I provide daily tips and encouragement to keep the group on the track to success. We also have fun daily tasks to check in every day with the group and get to know each other a little better. It’s incredible what can happen when we support and push each other towards our goals. Challengers always have a lot of fun in the groups, lose pounds, gain energy by eating right, and even make new friends.
- Work on yourself The fifth element of reaching your fitness goals is working on yourself OUTSIDE of fitness. Reaching your goals will totally change you life in more ways than you can imagine but you can take that to the next level by working on other areas of your life. What other big goals do you have? Have you always wanted to start your own business? Do you want to improve your relationship with your hubby? I always like to encourage challengers to also read a personal development book through our fitness challenge groups to improve in other areas.
Yes, you CAN finally reach your fitness goals this time. I know you’ve tried in the past and life got in the way and interrupted everything. But not this time. This time you will get there! Remember to start with a plan, make a schedule, work on your nutrition, find an accountability group, and continue to work on yourself. Believe in yourself and don’t give up!
Would you like to join us in the next challenge group where we’ll be starting a fitness DVD program, drinking Shakeology, checking into an accountability group daily, and working on our personal development? Fill out this application to join!